Data Engineer - Online Marketing (2653)
- Salary description:Competitive Salary plus generous benefits
- Department:Online Marketing
- Business Area:Analytics
At Totaljobs Group, we help everyone get the job that best fits their life. Whether it is the next step in their career, or a job to pay the bills - we exist to match lifestyles with livelihoods.
We play our part by giving people everything they need to find the right job for them in that moment; making jobs work for more people, whatever they do, and however they choose to do it.
To accomplish our mission, our Digital Marketing Team is looking for a Data Engineer in Dusseldorf/London. In this position, you will work closely with the Different Digital Marketing teams, Data Analysts & our Predictive Analytics teams to build end-to-end data pipelines and automate procedures. This includes ETL, designing & building data models, data validation, and managing uptime. You will work closely alongside teams within our Marketing and Data departments to best align support our data requirements.
What will this role look like on a day-to-day basis?
- You support our team and other stakeholders in preparing datasets for decision-making
- You maintain, modify, enhance & create ETL workflows to maintain & shape our future data landscape.
- You design, troubleshoot, optimise and program Online Marketing data sets.
- You support all data teams in data migration, data transformation, queries and SQL optimisation.
- You create technical specifications for new & existing datasets and value the importance of documentation.
- You adhere and contribute to our data governance & prepare metadata for company-wide consumption.
- You proactively assess and ensure data quality.
- You conduct ad hoc analysis to give recommendations for operative measures
Some skills you might have:
We know looking for a new job can be scary, and sometimes the list of skills you are asked for can seem exhaustive. Below are a few of the skills we look for, but please do not be put off applying if you do not have every single one of them!
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role (e.g. Data Engineer or Database Engineer)
- Good understanding of database technology (ideally with Microsoft SQL, Hadoop/Hive or AWS/PostgreSQL related systems i.e. Redshift)
- Good knowledge of SQL and data modelling in a data warehouse, data lake or data mart environment
- Confident working with APIs (ideally marketing oriented APIs e.g. LinkedIn & Google Ads)
- Python with some experience using Python oriented data tools such as AWS Boto, PySpark or Spark SQL
- Proficient in data modelling / object-oriented programming
- Used & worked with data pipeline & data management tools such as Apache Airflow or Dagster
- Data-driven and good with numbers whilst being able to explain complex concepts
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills, German is a plus
Benefits and Rewards - How we recognise our employees hard work and talent:
- Holiday - We feel work-life balance is important, so we offer every single one of our employees 29 days holiday a year, plus public holidays. Everyone also has the option to buy or sell up to three days each year in our Holiday Flex scheme.
- Family Leave - At TJG we understand that laying the foundations for a smooth start to family leave will also make for an easier transition back to the workplace and subject to qualifying criteria, the benefits under the Company Family schemes are more generous than required under current legislation.
- Pension Scheme - To help our people plan for their future we offer a competitive pension scheme.
- Eye Tests - Every employee receives a voucher which entitles them for a free eye test every year.
- Long Service - To recognise long- service and commitment to Totaljobs Group we celebrate our employees' loyalty by giving them additional time off and/ or vouchers after certain milestones.
- Medical Insurance - All employees are eligible to apply for private medical insurance cover which also includes a digital GP service.
- Charity- Each Totaljobs Group employee receives x2 additional days off every year to volunteer to charitable causes. We also give our employees the chance to 'give as they earn' meaning they can donate tax-free to a registered charity, and Totaljobs Group will match their contribution up to a value of £10 per month.
For more information about Totaljobs Group benefits please look at the Totaljobs Group career site.
Totaljobs Group are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
When you apply for a role with us you will be asked to complete an equal opportunities questionnaire. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to reach out to one of the team.