Junior Legal Counsel (2751)
- Salary description:Competitive Salary plus generous benefits
- Business Area:TJG Legal
At Totaljobs Group, we help everyone get the job that best fits their life. Whether it is the next step in their career, or a job to pay the bills - we exist to match lifestyles with livelihoods.
We play our part by giving people everything they need to find the right job for them in that moment; making jobs work for more people, whatever they do, and however they choose to do it.
We are looking to recruit a Junior Legal Counsel to the team which consists of the Head of Legal and a Trainee Lawyer. As a Junior Legal Counsel, you will play an integral role in the team and will assist the Head of Legal and together you will be the face of our international legal team for the UK business covering Totaljobs Group. This is a very broad position, in which the focus of the role will be on a mix of commercial and data protection/privacy matters with a group wide remit. We look for people who see things through from start to finish, learn from every mistake and can be commercial.
What will this role look like on a day-to-day basis?
- Assist the Head of Legal in embedding privacy into the product development lifecycle as well as giving guidance on ways to minimise operational privacy risks
- Assist in conducting training and raising awareness of privacy matters
- Draft, negotiate and/or review the terms of a wide range of commercial contracts, marketing materials, leases and agreements on behalf of our UK entities and liaise with external advisors
- Assist the Head of Legal with the implementation of new internal processes and any other legal matters that may come up as a result of changes in legislation
- Drafting and/or updating of contract templates as well as Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policies
- Work closely with the Legal team in our Head Office in Germany and support us in a wide range of international projects
*This is not an exhaustive list
Some skills you will have:
- NQ-1 year PQE (preferably in house experience) with a background in commercial contracts and/or data protection
- Strong knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements specific to the role (namely GDPR, DPA, PECR etc)
- Strong communication skills and the willingness to work in a dynamic, fast paced international environment
- Approachable manner to ensure excellent communication and interaction with variety of different people
- In house technology experience (preferred but not required)
- Excellent verbal and written skills with attention to detail
Benefits and Rewards - How we recognise our employees hard work and talent:
- Holiday - We feel work-life balance is important, so we offer every single one of our employees 29 days holiday a year, plus public holidays. Everyone also has the option to buy or sell up to three days each year in our Holiday Flex scheme.
- Family Leave - At TJG we understand that laying the foundations for a smooth start to family leave will also make for an easier transition back to the workplace and subject to qualifying criteria, the benefits under the Company Family schemes are more generous than required under current legislation.
- Pension Scheme - To help our people plan for their future we offer a competitive pension scheme.
- Eye Tests - Every employee receives a voucher which entitles them for a free eye test every year.
- Long Service - To recognise long- service and commitment to Totaljobs Group we celebrate our employees' loyalty by giving them additional time off and/ or vouchers after certain milestones.
- Medical Insurance - All employees are eligible to apply for private medical insurance cover which also includes a digital GP service.
- Charity- Each Totaljobs Group employee receives x2 additional days off every year to volunteer to charitable causes. We also give our employees the chance to 'give as they earn' meaning they can donate tax-free to a registered charity, and Totaljobs Group will match their contribution up to a value of £10 per month.
For more information about Totaljobs Group benefits please look at the Totaljobs Group career site.
Totaljobs Group are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
When you apply for a role with us you will be asked to complete an equal opportunities questionnaire. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to reach out to one of the team.