Product Portfolio Director (2720)
- Salary description:Competitive Salary plus generous benefits
- Business Area:B2C Engagement
At Totaljobs Group, we help everyone get the job that best fits their life. Whether it is the next step in their career, or a job to pay the bills - we exist to match lifestyles with livelihoods.
We play our part by giving people everything they need to find the right job for them in that moment; making jobs work for more people, whatever they do, and however they choose to do it.
Product Portfolio Director - Job Discovery
The Job Discovery Product Portfolio covers 12 teams focusing on a core part of the jobseeker's experience – discovering the right job. We aim at transforming the jobseekers' experience, enabling many millions of people around the globe to take the next step in their career having Stepstone as a trusted companion who understands their needs and brings them the best job opportunities, even in areas they never thought of.
Job Discovery is one of the four portfolios focusing on our B2C platforms and a core pillar for our future growth. We are looking for a Product Director who will lead the product function in this area, reporting to the VP of Product responsible for B2C.
We are looking for an experience product leader able to lead a product vision independently as well as align and motivate teams at scale.
You will be responsible for building a customer centric culture, fusing a deep understanding of our users with data driven insight.
Challenging the status quo requires operating in dynamic environment tuned to maximise the pace of learning. As such, you will be helping teams to find the best way to approach opportunities, experiment quick and scale fast. Working in collaboration with the Engineering Director, your enthusiasm will be fuelling an outcome driven culture, empowering teams to deliver outstanding results through cascading OKRs.
An advocate for this portfolio, your will be at the forefront of inspiring teams and celebrating successes.
Finally, you will be as passionate about building high performance team as you are about changing the job board world.
What will this role look like on a day-to-day basis?
Drives the product vision and strategy for Job Discovery Product Portfolio and is one of the main contributors to the overall B2C Product Strategy.
Leads a team of 15 product people with different levels of seniority, who will be working in this portfolio. Hires top talent, coaches high performance teams.
Owns the discovery of strategic opportunities at the level of the portfolio. Enables and empowers Product domains to operate with in a context of high alignment and high autonomy with ability to fully understand their problem space, own roadmaps and deliver consistently.
Understands the overall product strategy of the company, connects it to the Job Discovery goals and creates alignment with relevant stakeholders. Initiates cross portfolio and cross functional collaborations.
Comprehensive, in depth understanding of value creation in the overall Stepstone. Ensures that value creation mechanisms are understood across the domain at the appropriate level.
Works with the Portfolio Engineering Director to support the teams to deliver using Agile at scale techniques where needed ensuring teams are self-organising to deliver outcomes, collaborating effectively and promoting team and Engineering health throughout the domain.
Enthusiastically communicates achievements of the portfolio and acts as the public face for the portfolio in relationship with senior stakeholders, including C-level.
Some skills you might have:
We know looking for a new job can be scary, and sometimes the list of skills you are asked for can seem exhaustive. Below are a few of the skills we look for, but please do not be put off applying if you do not have every single one of them!
Outcomes focused, combining the ability to drive an inspiring vision with pragmatism.
Benefits and Rewards - How we recognise our employees hard work and talent:
- Holiday - We feel work-life balance is important, so we offer every single one of our employees 29 days holiday a year, plus public holidays. Everyone also has the option to buy or sell up to three days each year in our Holiday Flex scheme.
- Family Leave - At TJG we understand that laying the foundations for a smooth start to family leave will also make for an easier transition back to the workplace and subject to qualifying criteria, the benefits under the Company Family schemes are more generous than required under current legislation.
- Pension Scheme - To help our people plan for their future we offer a competitive pension scheme.
- Eye Tests - Every employee receives a voucher which entitles them for a free eye test every year.
- Long Service - To recognise long- service and commitment to Totaljobs Group we celebrate our employees' loyalty by giving them additional time off and/ or vouchers after certain milestones.
- Medical Insurance - All employees are eligible to apply for private medical insurance cover which also includes a digital GP service.
- Charity- Each Totaljobs Group employee receives x2 additional days off every year to volunteer to charitable causes. We also give our employees the chance to 'give as they earn' meaning they can donate tax-free to a registered charity, and Totaljobs Group will match their contribution up to a value of £10 per month.
For more information about Totaljobs Group benefits please look at the Totaljobs Group career site.
Totaljobs Group are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
When you apply for a role with us you will be asked to complete an equal opportunities questionnaire. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to reach out to one of the team.