Scrum Master (2476)
- Location:Havant, PO9 1SA, London - Blue Fin Building, SE1 0TA
- Business Area:IT Delivery
- Interested in all things Agile?
- Experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach where you have coached teams and squads?
- Want to join one of the UK's fastest growing online recruitment advertising businesses?
If so, please read on!
It's an exciting time here, since we're going through a number of changes, updating the ways different teams & squads focus on areas of the business and working closer with Continental Europe to be more aligned and focused on the same goals. With the size of the company (we have over 100 developers split between 25 teams in Technology alone), there's loads of opportunity to get involved at many different levels well beyond just doing your job, and any changes you make will have a big impact: between TotalJobs and Jobsite we have 21,000 customers, who between them post 330,000 jobs per month attracting over 4 million applications from 21 million visits.
What's important to us is finding the right people to nurture and grow. We expect you to exhibit an honest curiosity about how things work and be willing to experiment with new ideas. Your ability to learn and how you use what you know to get work done will be key to your personal growth, but we don't want you to stop there! We want people who make the people and the environment around them better.
We care most about attitude. Your ability to learn; how you use what you know to get the job done; how you improve people around you; these are the things that contribute to level of success and fun we have!
You & your role;
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master who has previously operated within a delivery team or squad, leading and coaching them in Agile values, ceremonies and frameworks.
You'll be an integral part of a squad delivering high-value change to our fast moving and highly successful business. As well as having the opportunity to collaborate with and support our existing Agile community.
Some of your key responsibilities;
- Coach the squad using agile principles
- Coaching others outside of the squad
- Working within the squads to ensure delivery of valuable outcomes
- Provide support and work with the team to remove impediments;
- Empower the team to retain quality;
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Nurture and grow teams so they are high performing
Your ideal background & attributes;
- Background as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach with experience of using a range of Agile frameworks and practices;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Proficient in facilitation using varied tools and skills;
- Proactive and eager to see progress and change;
- Enjoys working with people in a fast moving, innovative environment;
- Positive outlook and able to lead teams to solutions;
- Capable of putting forward ideas for improving processes/practices;
- Adaptable to changing circumstances
About our company
TotalJobs Group (TJG) are the technologists behind brands such as Jobsite and TotalJobs. We provide relevant, personalised opportunities and intelligent recruitment services, to connect high quality candidates with some of the UK's most successful businesses. We're part of the global job board business, the StepStone Group, who employ over 1600 staff across 22 countries whom in turn are owned by Axel Springer Digital Classifieds, one of the worlds most established and successful media groups. We share a common purpose to deliver the highest quality products and services to our customers.
We have our own challenges, of course. The scale of the company can mean you have to put in more effort to keep in touch with the right people for example. That said, we're still evolving rapidly, and things are so different from where they were a year ago, and inevitably will be better again in 12 months time!
The people are what make working here so special. We believe strongly in empowering you and the team, but we know that everyone needs support, so we offer that in spades - enthusiastic Product Owners to help you take the next big idea further, experienced coaches for mentorship, people managers to help you grow, through to dedicated technology HR - we're all here to make sure that you succeed. We also have lots of internal training courses as well as training budgets for external courses and conferences.
For us teamwork is everything. We listen to each other, and we adapt, we value honest feedback to help us keep improving. We are making significant investment in devops, continuous delivery and agile at scale and we will invest in you.
We've got a lot to shout about. Just a snippet of what we can offer you:
- 29 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Team social budgets for lunch and events
- Tribe events and socials
- Monthly innovation day (work on whatever you like)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance x4 salary
- Interest free travel loan (season ticket)
- Company discounts on things from restaurants and hotels
- Subsidised private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Child care schemes
- Statutory flexible working requests as well as ad-hoc work from home available (we know life doesn't stop just because you start work!)
- Weekly exercise club
- Amazon voucher for births, birthdays, and marriages
- Continual learning and improvement working with likeminded people within our dynamic organisation.
- Plenty of support for wherever you're going in life
Oh, and if there's activities or things you'd like to do but don't see listed - bring them with you! We love new ideas!
We know that job hunting is stressful and is probably the most important thing you're doing at the time, so want to make sure we don't waste your time and that you to come away from talking to us with something more than what you started with. At TJG we want to make sure everyone has the same, great, experience so we focus on your ability to do the job and offering specific feedback to everyone who we talk to. There are plenty of opportunities throughout to ask questions, so don't be shy, please do interview us too!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ready for your fresh and exciting challenge? Apply now! We look forward to hearing from you!
When you apply for a role with us you will be asked to complete an equal opportunities questionnaire. If you have any questions about this please feel free to reach out to one of the team.